Table of Contents
68.8 POS Entry & Balance V3 – FAQ
68.8.1 Relationship between the Workshift & other tables
68.8.2 Sample verification of Closing Balance on POS Bins to establish Opening Balance.
220.127.116.11 Verification of balancing & that the G/L ac are posted
18.104.22.168 Verification of the balancing process itself.
68.8.3 Inserting the Initial Balance on the POS Payment Bin
POS Entry & Balance V3 – FAQ
Relationship between the Workshift & other tables
Let me try to explain the relationship between the Workshift & other tables:
- Workshift Detail Table 6150627 – Details of all sales
- POS Payment Bin Check 6150628 – 2nd level of payment bins
- POS Bin Entry 6150625 – last level of payments where we get all details
- POS Balancing Line 6150624 that gives the balancing lines when a Z-report has been done
- The POS Workshift Checkpoint (Table 6150627) has the details of all type of transactions, sales, X-report, Z-report, etc. It is the highest level.
The field type will give you what type of transaction it is. There are Z-report, but if the field Open is equal to YES, it means that this Z-report was never posted & completed.
- The POS Payment Bin Check (Table 6150628) has the details of all transactions in the Payment Bin.
In this table, you can track the Type Z-report, whether it is counted or not. The relationship to POS Workshift Checkpoint (Table 6150627) is shown in the "Workshift Checkpoint Entry No." Hence the details in this table can be traced to POS Workshift Checkpoint (Table 6150627) using this reference.
In terms of analysis, a pivot can be done follows:
1) POS Unit
2) Workshift Checkpoint Entry No. to group the entries per Workshift Checkpoint Entry No.
3) Type = to know if it is a Z-report. (Note, if it is BLANK, it means that an X-report was done
4) Status = to understand if the Z-report was completed & posted. The status "Transferred" means that it has been posted & transferred to the appropriate bins, whereas the status "Work In progress" or "Ready to Transfer", means that a Z-report was stated , but for some reason was not completed at some stage.
From the table, you can have fields like = Entry No., Type, Float Amount, Counted Amount Incl. Float, Calculated Amount Incl. Float, Bank Deposit Amount, Move to Bin Amount, New Float Amount and so on
C) The Bin Entry Checkpoint (Table 6150625) gives more details on what has happened. There you have a field Type, where you can get types of transaction on a checkpoint (X-Report or Z-report) as well as In-Payment & Out-Payment for the Payment Method.
The relationship to POS Payment Bin Check (Table 6150628) is shown in the field Bin Checkpoint Entry No.. This references is the link to Bin Entry Checkpoint (Table 6150625). There is a comment field which indicates what kind of action has been taken.
D) Then there is Table 6150624 that gives the balancing lines when a Z-report has been done.
Sample verification of Closing Balance on POS Bins to establish Opening Balance.
Analysis of Closing balance when we did not insert an opening for the first time:
Verification of balancing & that the G/L ac are posted
Go to POS Entry List, & verify where Entry Type = Balancing
Then you can Navigate to see the G/L posting
Verification of the balancing process itself.
Go to the POS Unit, select Workshift. You will get a workshift summary and first look at the status:
- If it is closed, meaning that the Cash Balancing (Z-Report) Process has been completed
- If it is Open, meaning that the Cash Balancing (Z-Report) Process has not been completed OR a X-report was done
From the workshift summary, you can access the workshift card to get more details.
You will see that on the Payment Method No K, there is a difference. In this case, we expect that this difference is equal to the opening float. Then we need to advise the client on the General Journal to be done between accounts 5800 (Kasse) & 3772 (Kassedifferencer) as for example, our Balancing has already generated an entry of -1.290,50 on Kassedifferencer for that difference in POS Unit 2. (see G/L posting from Navigating on POS Entry for the Balancing line). We will need to reverse this transaction.
From the Payment Balance Bin, you can get visual of what has been done the day before.
Inserting the Initial Balance on the POS Payment Bin
This functionality is being developed in case 353761. We are targeting it release in NPR 5.51. Meanwhile we need to do a workaround are per section on Opening of the Cash Register for the first time.