Table of Contents
68.4 POS Entry List - Setup of multiple POS Units and bins as a cluster on its own
68.4.1 Setup of POS End of Day Profile for Multiple POS Unit
68.4.2 Explanation of fields:
68.4..3 Requirements for Single End of Day process for Multiple POS Units.
68.4.4 At the end of the day
68.4.5 Beginning of the day
POS Entry List - Setup of multiple POS Units and bins as a cluster on its own
Setup of POS End of Day Profile for Multiple POS Unit
There is a new field on the POS Unit card, "POS End of Day Profile". Those POS units sharing the setup should have the same profile code. When every POS are individuals, the can all share the same profile. A blank profile code provide reasonable defaults.
All POS units that should be managed by one the same singe end-of-day process, must share the same "POS End of Day Profile" code. Having multiple groups requires different profile codes for each group.
Explanation of fields:
- End of Day Type:
- Individual – all POS's are required to execute End of Day individually.
- Master & Slave – one POS within the group of POS's sharing the profile code, is designated master when it comes to end of day processing. The other units are considered to be slaves.
- Master POS Unit No.: The designated master POS within the group of POS's sharing the profile code.
- Z-Report UI: Controls the UI when a Z-Report is requested. The Z-Report will always print. Option are:
- Summary + Balancing: With this option, user is first shown the summary screen and from the page menu you can navigate to the balancing page. This is the default behavior.
- Balancing Only: With this options, you are not bothered with sales statistics are taken directly to the balancing page.
- X-Report UI: Controls the UI when a Z-Report is requested. Option are:
- Summary + printing: shows the sales summary page, you can optionally navigate to the bin counting page. The X-Report is printed on completion. This is the default behavior.
- Printing Only: There is no page displayed, and there is only printing.
- Close Workshift UI: When the slave POS Units, ends the work shift, you have the following options:
- Print: will close the POS Unit, and print the X-Report.
- No Print: will close the POS Unit without printing the X-Report.
- Force Blind Counting: With this options, you will not get any help regarding the calculated contents of the bin.
- Forced Blind Counting TRUE:
- Forced Blind Counting FALSE:
Requirements for Single End of Day process for Multiple POS Units.
- A POS Unit does not need to be balanced prior to being added to a master & slave setup. Whatever un-balance amounts on the unit, will be added to the group.
- A POS unit does not need to be balanced when leaving a master & slave setup. The un-balanced amount will remain on the unit until its balanced as an individual or in a different group.
At the end of the day
- All slave POS units must be in the state closed before the master POS unit can perform the end-of-day. This is to prevent an ongoing sale on one of the slaves during end-of-day process on the master POS.
- To close the slave POS, there is a new verb "Close Workshift" on the BALANCE_V3 action.
- If master POS attempts to do the Z-Report prior to all slaves being closed, there will be an error message.
- X-Report from a either master or slave is possible regardless of state of the POS. An X-Report on the master will include all the sales data / bin contents from the slaves.
- The "Close Worshift" is only intended for POS Units configured to be slave, the purpose is to prevent the slave POS unit to login while master POS unit is performing end-of-day.
Beginning of the day
- The master POS Unit must be the first Unit to open after End-of-Was performed. This is guarantee the bin contents confirm message on POS open.
- Attempting to open a slave POS unit prior to the master POS Unit is opened, results in an error message:
- When opening a slave POS unit, you are greeted by a different message than from the ordinary message:
- A slave POS Unit may close and reopen any number of work-shifts through-out the day, as long as the master POS remains open.