Table of Contents
68.2.1 POS Entry List - Beginning of Day Process for Cash Balancing
68.2.2 First opening ever.
68.2.3 Forced Daily Balancing
68.2.4 Opening after balancing
68.2.5 Continue after failure (when state is End of Day)
POS Entry List - Beginning of Day Process for Cash Balancing
We have now set up the track of the status of the register at any time during the day in POS Unit Card.
POS Unit has 3 states
- Open:Normal state during the daily operation. After successful authentication previous checkpoint is located and timestamp is compared to the "Daily Balance" rule. If checkpoint is overaged a balance is forced before opening. On the very first opening balancing is optional.
- Closed: After balancing the POS Unit status is closed. After successful authentication, the "new float" amounts from the previous balancing are displayed and must be confirmed. Not confirming the contents will force a balancing.
- End of Day:When POS Unit is being balanced, the state is "End of Day":
- The X-Report will return the POS Unit to Open
- The Z-Report will on success set the state to Closed and on failure return the state to Open
First opening ever.
If you choose to select "Yes", the POS will be opened.
"No", you will be prompted to perform a balancing. It will be up to you to decide.
If you choose to select "Yes", the Balancing screen will start and you will be able to do a balancing.
"No" will inform you that you must confirm the bin contents.
Once you confirm the bin content, the POS will be opened.
Forced Daily Balancing
In addition to tracking the POS Unit Status, and it will follow the cash register setup for balancing (Manual or Daily). This setup for Manual or Daily is set in the Cash Register Setup.
Hence, if we set it to Day before 00.00pm, if we do not do a balancing of the register at the end of the day, the system will prompt to performing a balancing when we open the register.
Opening after balancing
Whenever, you have done a balancing at the End Of Day, the next time you open a POS, you will get a prompt to confirm the float in the register.
If you choose "Yes", then you will open the POS, or else if you choose "No", you will get the opportunity to redo a Balancing at the beginning of the day.
Continue after failure (when state is End of Day)
The other scenario is that when doing a balancing at the End OF Day, you have stopped the process and shut down without completing it. Then the next day, on opening the POS, you will be prompted to do a balancing.